KARACHI CANTONMENT BOARD is the oldest Cantonment of Karachi Region,which was established in 1842 after the advent of British Empire in Sindh. Being capital city, all major businesses & educational residential activities etc. were part of KCB. Its delimitation process continued at different intervals but major bifurcation started during 1970s – 80 when lines area was excluded and further remaining area was bifurcated into CBC and KCB. As a result its dynamics have changed with the reduction of its area which at the moment is 12.46 sq.km.

Karachi Cantonment is now like an island of irregular shape and surrounded from all sides by the adjoining Municipal area, which is managed and controlled by the KMC/CDGK under the new setup..

Boundaries

 

North

 

GARDEN, KARACHI ZOO

 

South

 

JPMC

East

FTC BUILDING

West

ARTS COUNCIL, KARACHI

 

 

Population of Karachi Cantonment

 

68,877
(as per 2017 census report

Bazar Area

35.62 Acres

Parks

02 Nos.

Grave Yard

01 No

Cantt Board Roads

14.45 K.M

Over Head Water Tank

02 Nos. 

Water Purification Plants

30 Nos.

Street Lights

257 Nos.

CB Public School

01 No.

KCB Library

01 No.